Prairie Oaks Institute’s programming is focused in three areas:
- Ecology & Sustainability
- Retreat and Renewal
- Education & Leadership Development
As these areas of focus intersect, the programs and resources of Prairie Oaks invite people to explore the inner and outer landscapes of their lives and to reconnect soul and role in order to live, work, and lead for the sake of the common good.
Some of our recent events:
February 27: ***Special EVENT ***Parker Palmer & Carrie Newcomer: Healing the Heart of Democracy: A Gathering of Spirits for the Common Good
Other opportunities include:
- Retreat, reflect, renew, and reconnect in the peace and quiet of this beautiful country preserve. Retreat design and facilitation are also available as are field trips for school, civic and other groups.
- “Courage and Renewal” Retreats based on the work of author and educator Parker J. Palmer.
- “Living and learning with the Land” programs celebrating the bioregion, simple living sustainable agriculture and the strengths of rural communities.
- “Exploring the Seasonal Landscapes” where prairie, field, forest and water ecosystems converge.
- “Rejuvenating the Spirit” programs to explore the deep roots of our lives and work.
- Bi-monthly potluck meals to fuel the everyday work of building community and living well in complex times.
- Book discussions and meet-the-author workshops.
Prairie Oaks Institute is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 non-profit organization, whose annual operating budget comes from the generosity of individual supporters, foundations and organizations who utilize our facilities and programs. Our guests have included area schools, colleges and universities; civic, community and faith-based groups; non-profit organizations; writers and artists; families and individuals. Everyone is welcome!
Contact us today to inquire about a visit to Prairie Oaks!